Medical Patient Services
Central Virginia Health Services is committed to providing you with high quality, affordable health care.
- Family Practice physicians see patients of all ages. They are available for physicals, well child exams, annual gynecological exams, and provide continuity care to those patients with chronic medical problems.
- CVHS Internal Medicine providers see patients 18 years of age and older. They specialize in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of diseases.
- CVHS provide pediatric care at all office locations. Care includes well child care, physical exams, sports physicals, sick child visits, management and education for children who have chronic illnesses such as asthma and diabetes.
- All sites provide patient education as an important part of patient care. Some sites have specific programming, but often health information is shared and questions answered right in the exam room.
- All CVHS sites participate in the Virginia Vaccines for Children Program. All vaccines required for school entrance, including some adult vaccines, are available to patients free of charge.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- All CVHS sites provide full gynecological care. Pre-natal care up to 36 weeks is provided at the Health Center for Women and Families. High risk obstetrical patients are referred to appropriate obstetrical providers.
- Central Virginia Community Health Center is the only CVHS site that has a mammography unit. This service is invaluable to women in surrounding counties who are unable to make the trip to Charlottesville or Richmond.
- All CVHS sites have the ability to do basic lab work.
- Central Virginia Community Health Center has a x-ray machine on site. Offices that do not have an onsite x-ray machine will refer patients out for x-rays.